Parents are able to make their own accounts also. This will give you the joining instructions for the camp your cadet is attending.
Here is an interesting read for everyone. This is our regimental paper. Check it out here The Glen Summer 2016
Are you going to camp this summer? Be sure you read the joining instructions for the camp you are going to. They are posted in the Training Tab, under summer training or you can just click here: airdriecadets.com/training/summer-training
Less the a month left and we will be done cadets and then SUMMER will be here!!
4 pairs of warm wool/synthetic (not cotton) socks
4 pairs of inner socks (not cotton) for added comfort or to mitigate any possible hot spots, blisters
3 pairs of underwear
1 pair of long underwear (not cotton) (top & bottom)
2 short sleeve shirts or t-shirts (not cotton)
2 pairs of long pants (not cotton or denim/jeans)
1 pair shorts
1 cadet parka with fleece liner
pyjamas or sleepwear (suitable for shared sleeping)
1 hat (i.e. Ball cap, Tilley Hat, etc)
1 pair gloves
1 pair shoes/sneakers for evening (these may be crocs)
1 water bottle
1 wrist watch
travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste
1 duffle bag for bringing/stowing gear (NOT a rolling
suitcase as these are difficult to store)
Fri 27 May 2016 19:20
Bus – Charter
1505 1ST AVENUE NW; AIRDRIE, AB
878 Banff/Canmore Squadron Royal Canadian Air Cadets 602 7th Avenue Canmore, AB T1W 2T8 Phone (403) 609-1296 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALGARY STAMPEDE CADET BOOTH 2016
1. Once again RCSU (NW) in cooperation with the Calgary Stampede and the Department of Defense will team up to provide an opportunity to promote the Canadian Cadet Organizations to the general public during the Calgary Stampede. 2. The general outline presents two daily shifts of CIC/COATS Staff, League / Sponsor members as well as THREE Cadets, preferably cadets of multiple elements per shift. These “staff” are able to present the best of our program to the general and international public. They will interact with local, regional, national and international members of the public to inform them what our programs are all about.
3. The booth will contain paraphernalia from all three elements including a Sailboat to represent the Sea Cadets, the Flight Simulator for Air Cadets, and a Kayak, Mountain Bike and Climbing Gear for the Army Cadets. We also highlight common training items (biathlon, music, and marksmanship) as well.
4. Through the gracious donations from the Air Cadet and Army Cadet Leagues, we are also able to provide SWAG to give away to interested parties with CADETS.CA emblazoned on them.
5. We are once again looking for SCREENED LEAGUE VOLUNTEERS (one per shift) and CADET VOLUNTEERS (3 per shift) to provide assistance throughout stampede. The ADULT & CADET sign up is available on Facebook. By searching for “CALGARY STAMPEDE CADET INFORMATION BOOTH 2016” and follow the instructions.
6. Contact me with further questions.
RJ VanderLee, CD OPI
RCSU (NW) PAO (Captain K. Walker)
ACO Air (Calgary) ACO Sea (Calgary) ACO Army (Calgary) Air Cadet League (Southern Wing) Army Cadet League (Calgary) Navy League (Southern Alberta)
CADETS WHO NEED TO GET THEIR GLENS CAN STAY AFTER PARADE FOR THE CALGARY HIGHLANDER GLEN TEST WITH GORD FISH. EVERYONE IS MORE THEN WELCOME TO STAY. PARENTS CAN PICK UP THEIR CADETS AT APPROX 1530 FROM THE MILITARY MUSEUM. THIS WILL BE THE LAST CHANCE THIS YEAR.
Captain T. Mark, CD
Vimy Day in Calgary is Scheduled for 9 April 16 from 1200-1430 this year. The Honourable Col (ret’d) Don Ethel will be the reviewing officer. The Southern Zone Honour Cadet CWO Morgan Hurst is appointed parade commander.
- Parade will be held at the Military Museums
- Full dress
- Parents are welcome to attend
- Cadets can have a tour through the Calgary Highlander exhibit and write the exam to receive their Glen (all new cadets who joined after October 15) Gord Fish (legion Rep) will accommodate this.
- Lt. Barton is the OPI