Joining The Airdrie Army Cadets
From September to June, new cadets are always welcome. You can join or find out more information by coming to our weekly Airdrie Army Cadets Parade at Airdrie Koinonia Christian School, 77 Gateway Drive NE Airdrie. We parade on Tuesday nights from 1830 hours until 2115 hours. If you wish to come out and check us out, please contact us to ensure that we are onsite for the night you intend to visit as we occasionally are offsite for other activities.
Please bring proof of age and insurance when registering.
Who Can join?
- 12 to 18 years old
- Interested in the Army Cadets
- With parental/guardian permission
How To Join
Please join us on our parade night at Airdrie Koinonia Christian School, 77 Gateway Drive NE Airdrie and ask to talk to the staff. You will need a parent to sign some paperwork and that is about it. We will be happy to answer any questions that you have as well.
These are the documents you need to join a corps or squadron:
- Proof of age (1 of these):
- a valid Canadian passport;
- a birth certificate issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency;
- any card, visa or permit (work, study, resident, etc.) (with photo) issued by the Canadian government which legally authorizes the person to reside in Canada for an extended period of time; or
- any identification card (with or without photo) issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency. No certificates of live birth please.
- Alberta Health Card
Please have these original documents with you when you attend the corps parade.
To help speed up the registration process, you may wish to bring a photocopy of these documents as well.
Please print off and fill out the following three forms:
- Detailed Health Questionaire (PDF version).
- Welcome Letter welcome-to-3016-calgary-highlanders-new-cadets-1
How much does it cost?
The Cadet Program is funded by the Department of National Defense in partnership with the civilian Army Cadet League of Canada. The civilian sponsor requires local community support to meet its obligations that include accommodations, training aids and equipment and program enhancements not otherwise provided. Parents and cadets are expected to participate in and contribute to fund raising as required by the League’s local sponsoring element.
Do I have to join the Canadian Forces?
Absolutely not! The Cadet Program is a great way to have fun, be challenged and make friends. You also find out more about Canada and develop new skills that will be with you for life, no matter what career you choose.
The paper work and more information can be found at the Cadets Canada website “How To Join Us” web page.